Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #23

My favorite exercise was searching YouTube and TeacherTube and finding all kinds of useful information. My experience with YouTube before that was watching silly, gross, or funny videos either my son showed me or I saw on the news. I'm also excited about finding new genealogy sites I found viewing the Web 2.0 Awards List plus making a Photo Story. I intend to use that tool for school and personal use. I think my teaching will be enhanced due to completing these 23 things. I also appreciate learning about OpenOffice which I downloaded on my computer. To improve this experience for future players, please check the links periodically to ensure they're working. Try the links on your personal computer to ensure the safety of the links. I know since I've been doing this, my inbox is PACKED. Also, be considerant of those who don't own computers. The public library and the school did not allow me to do some of the THINGS I was asked to. This was a fun way to discover 2.0 things, but there were some problems. It was hard to get finished in 3 weeks, sit for long periods of time, and have enough time to really EXPLORE. I would be interested in exploring more as time permits.
Summing up my experience in one sentence: Library2Play is learning through playing, and discovering through exploration.

No comments:


Texas Longhorn

Texas Longhorn
by cdoele