Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #21

I tried to use other tools to create with, but I don't have a microphone and things were REALLY slow. I had a hard time with Audacity . . . even listening to the book review took quite a while. It was REALLY slow to download. I also got frustrated registering for Switchpod, all the user names I wanted to use were taken, and it erased EVERYTHING for me to do it ALL again (description of podcast and e-mail were the hardest to have to type over and over again!!). Anyway, I finally made a product using Photo Story. The pictures were taken last summer (when I was able to take a VACATION) and the song is from the Fall 2007 San Jacinto College Central Jazz Ensemble and Combo Concert. Listen very closely and you'll hear my son playing sax. Here's the link:

http://www.switchpod.com/p19554.html

I can use Photo Story to show pictures of classroom activities next year!

3 comments:

VWB said...

Nice job...are you sure that your computer does not have built in mic...most do! very small pin-size hole often...on desktop model usually on edge of monitor, laptop often near power button.

Also if you create in PhotoStory...you can upload direcly to Blogger...you must save as .wmv in addition to default project .wp3.
Then you use the video button on the toolbar of your post box.

half cent said...

Thanks for the tips! My computer does have a microphone, but I guess I don't talk loud enough for it to pick up . . . after a lot of trying, I went the Photo Story way.

Alice Grabowski said...

Your pictures of DC were great and turned into a very nice patriotic Photostory. I was so impressed that you were able to get Switchpod to cooperate with you. Now that I see how you posted your link, along with the tip that was given in the comments by vwb, plus some other ideas given to me, makes me think that maybe I will be able to force mine to oblige as well. Time will tell if I can match your success!


Texas Longhorn

Texas Longhorn
by cdoele